Don Sears has over 28 years of experience in the information technology industry, with 19 of those years in IVR development and support. He is resourceful at diagnosing difficult problems and integrating applications with a variety of back-end technologies across multi-platform systems.
Don has developed numerous successful implementations of enterprise-wide communication solutions. These include:
- For a multinational information technology company, developed and deployed application changes for the Edify IVR platform. Extended the life of the IVR platform by analyzing call volumes and working with the vendor Convergys to increase IVR call capacity.
- For a multinational technology and consulting corporation, developed and deployed applications for two Periphonics IVR platforms. Saved $277,750 per year in system maintenance costs by maintaining IVR configuration files after end of vendor support. Saved license costs by combining two development platforms into one.
As a Solutions Architect, Don Sears has provided strategic and tactical guidance, solutions and implementations to a wide variety of companies. This has resulted in reduced costs and increased ability for those companies to deliver product to the market on time, with the feature sets required by their customers.
Connect With Me
- 28 years in the information technology industry.
- 19 years in IVR development and support.
- Broad experience in Windows and Unix environments.
- Skilled in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Convergys Intelligent Voice Portal (IVP) Development
- Edify Voice Interaction Platform (EVIP)
- Nortel Periphonics IVR
- Microsoft Windows
- Sun Solaris Unix
- IBM Mainframe
Training / Degrees
- Genesys Voice Platform (GVP) 8
- Genesys Composer
- Nuance Speech Grammar (SRGS) Development
- VoiceXML (VXML)
- Secure Coding for Java
- Rational Application Developer (RAD)
- WebSphere Studio Application Developer
- WebSphere Voice Toolkit
- Voxeo CXP Developer
- BS, Computer Science