As a User Interaction Expert for the Spanish speaking community, Edgar Leon has more than 18 years of experience working in different countries (i.e., Colombia, Venezuela, Mexico and the United States). He combines deep cultural knowledge with solid interaction design principles. Edgar has worked in designing, developing and tuning speech recognition applications for lead companies in the market. He also brings a solid IT background.
Edgar has achieved many professional accomplishments. These include:
- For a worldwide financial institution, developed IVR application modules specific to banking. This work utilized Nuance Dialogue Designer, JSP and Java against Genesys GVP and Nuance 9.
- Developed applications using CCXML and VXML with ASR and HSR approaches using Voxeo VoiceObjects and Java. Supported VUI design process by introducing best practices.
- Integrated systems using complex approaches that led to reducing data synchronization time by 50% and integrations errors by 75%.
- Developed unique system to control features of CAS telephony protocol.
- Participated in key projects for one of the largest telecommunications providers in the United States. Participated in multidisciplinary teams. Achieved major cost cuts by designing and leading projects that resulted in customers effectively self-servicing.
- Directed efforts designing architecture to integrate telecommunications, networking, websites, databases and voice recognition interfaces. Monitored and enhanced technology utilization. Troubleshot and resolved developer and user problems. Provided client technical support onsite. Prepared technical documentation.
- Participated as speaker in the main event for the speech industry (SpeechTek), presenting his views on challenges in designing bilingual speech applications.
- Led development of a complex value-added system for the second largest wireless carrier in Mexico City.
- Achieved savings over $1.5 million for the second largest wireless carrier in Venezuela through systems design and development.
Edgar Leon is an accomplished software engineering project manager and speech technologist. He has extensive experience directing, integrating, designing and developing software systems in a timely and accurate manner. He also has experience and skills in business analysis and process automation.
Connect With Me
- VXML Architecture
- Speech Recognition VUI Design
- User Experience and User Satisfaction
- XML, VXML, GRXML, GSL, C/C++, Java, Visual Basic, Pascal, SQL, XSLT, UNIX Shell Scripting, Pro*C/C++, PHP, JSP, ASP
- Oracle, MySQL, MS Office (Access, Excel, Works, Word, & PowerPoint), MS Project, Apache, Internet Information Server (IIS), Eclipse