As a professional engineer, J.T. began developing web applications for businesses in 1995. Starting in 1996, he became a full-stack engineer by adding Linux and database skills to his repertoire. Over the course of the past few decades, J.T. has kept up with the advancements and evolutions of technology to become a well-rounded asset to any team or effort.
J.T. has worked in many industries over the years, but the most challenging was working as part of a team to develop a world-class anti-spam service that processed over 9 billion messages per month and provided analytics and in-depth reporting on the rapidly-evolving generations of spam tactics, malware releases, phishing attacks, and email-based security issues.
Starting in the early 1990s, J.T. developed a keen interest in computer security, and has leveraged that interest into professional acuity when dealing with any computing systems regardless of complexity or breadth of scope. By the early 2000s, he was applying this interest to his professional life, and does his best to stay up-to-date with the latest security tools and education to thwart the ever-changing attack vectors and threats.
Connect With Me
- 20+ years of secure web development experience.
- 20+ years of experience with Linux/Unix administration
- 15+ years of professional security engineering
- LAMP Stack
- PostgreSQL/MySQL database systems
- Secure architecture and designs
- Penetration tests and vulnerability scans
- BS – Computer Information Systems
- MS – Information Assurance
- Former CEH