Katie is an extremely driven and organized person with the ability to meet or exceed company goals. She is proficient with Microsoft Office Suite -Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Sage50, OROS, and Prezi. Katie has experience in communications and customer service that allows her be effective in different circumstances. Katie specializes in the aggregation of data in Accounting Information Systems with emphasis on documentation, internal controls, and transaction cycles. Some examples of Katie’s past accomplishments include:
- For a major Toy Company utilized OROS Quick, to maintain activity based costing information and logically assigned manufacturing overhead to products. Built multiple models that included all resources, activities, and cost objects to achieve better allocation of overhead.
- For a Sports Supply Company- Maintained general and subledgers. Tracked sales and purchases, managed accounts receivable and accounts payable, payroll, and reconciliations of weekly and monthly statements. Prepared quarterly and end of year statements including, Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Statement of Shareholders Equity, and Statement of Cashflow.
- For a National Communications Company-directly responsible for the security of over $2,000,000 in communications equipment including the processing of supply requests, validating the need for materials, and confirming proper authorization. Received, monitored, and reviewed data from materials, events, and the environment to detect and assess problems. Identified information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events. Recorded, stored, and maintained information in written and electronic forms. Provided information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates utilizing multiple means of communications.
As an Accounting Specialist, Katie has provided strategic and financial direction to a wide variety of companies enabling them to meet business goals and streamline accounting processes. Her knowledge of Advanced Managerial Accounting and Management Information Systems gives her the ability to develop and report financial and other information to support strategic planning and decision making.
- Studied Business and Accounting at UNC Wilmington
- Accounts Receivable
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Business Process Management
- Sage 50
- BS-Business, Major in Accounting, Minor in Foundations of Systems Thinking
- AA- English Language and Literature