As a VUI Designer, Mark has over 20 years of experience in the information technology industry. His knowledge of voice and data systems, combined with a focus on business requirements and client relationships ensures the solution fits the needs of his client’s business. Mark centers on the project’s business drivers (Cost reduction, Customer satisfaction, Profit maximization) contrasted with the Caller’s mental model (How the caller wants to conduct business) to design and deliver high quality Voice applications. Mark has worked with every aspect of a successful speech project from Requirements and Usability testing, Persona selection, Prompt design, Grammar development, Application deployment, and all of the follow on reporting and Speech Tuning efforts to improve recognition achieving a considerable recognition rate.
Mark has architected numerous successful implementations of enterprise-wide communication solutions. These include:
- VUI Designer – Government Financial Agency: Transcribed application utterances using a proprietary transcription tool to transcribe Nuance 9 utterances from a hosted Genesys GVP application. Performed analysis for determining Out of Grammar, caller demographics, and false accept/false reject. Provided feedback for internal transcription/tuning methodology and tools. Created Tuning reports to provide visibility into dialog state behavior.
- VUI Designer/IVR Developer – Call Center Outsourcer: Designed a healthcare disclaimer application to play disclaimers and record the caller’s acceptance of one of four possible disclaimer sets. Led design workshops for business tasks, call flows and verbiage. Provided design integration expertise to Genesys GVP IVR using Nuance 9. Developed speech recognition IVR application using Genesys Composer 8.1x.
As a Solutions Architect, Mark has provided strategic and tactical direction to a wide variety of companies enabling them to meet business drivers in the following areas: Customer Self Service, Inventory management, IVR, CTI, CRM, Help Desk, Speech Recognition, Web automation and the integration of these technologies.
Connect With Me
- 20 years in the information technology industry.
- Voice automation design.
- Design, development and implementation of CRM packages.
- Engineering of CTI applications.
- Edify IVR Development
- Genesys Composer
- CTI Architecture
- Speech Recognition VUI Design
- Business Process Re-engineering
Certifications / Degrees
- Certified SCRUM Master
- ITIL v3 Foundations Certified
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Clarify Certified Consultant
- VoiceObjects Certified Developer
- MBA, Technology Management
- BS, Business Information Systems