As a VUI Designer, Sean has nine years of industry experience. Having worked and studied abroad for almost 10 years, he has a well-developed understanding of language and communication. As a designer, Sean’s main concerns are creating robust, customer-friendly applications that still meet the underlying business requirements.
Sean has worked on successful speech projects for both government and Fortune 500 companies. These include:
- For a large government agency, an improved name capture feature that achieved over 90% accuracy, well above industry norms. This solution greatly increased the call satisfaction of users with less traditional names that standard solutions usually fail to recognize.
- For a major educational services provider, a natural language call routing application that recognized more than 100 inputs and successfully routed callers accordingly. This solution reduced agent costs and improved the customer’s call experience.
- For a Fortune 500 company, an improved billing application that was capable of recognizing repeat callers and providing those callers with customized prompting and payment options.
- For Genesys Professional Services, provided testing and quality assurance support for a financial services IVR project.
- For a government agency, an application that allows employers to verify the social security numbers of their employees. This solution reduced verification times from weeks to minutes.
- For a national healthcare provider, assisted in replacing multiple regional applications with a single, unified IVR capable of providing members with a smoother, more consolidated user experience.
Connect With Me
- 9 years of design and testing experience.
- Wide range of experience with government and business speech projects.
- Studied and worked in China and Japan for more than 6 years.
- Speech Recognition VUI Design
- Fluent in Japanese
- Conversational in Chinese
Certifications / Degrees
- Nuance Certified Voice User Interface Designer
- BA, Asian Studies, minor Japanese