Boost results without breaking the bank
Your company has built its customer support and sales contact center on the finest technology platform. This is a good start, but you want to ensure that you meet (or hopefully exceed) your customer expectations while protecting your bottom line.
The starting point for any improvement is a thorough understanding of your unique business requirements — establishing exactly what you are trying to achieve in terms of financial, customer service, and other benefits (e.g. employee retention). Once you have this baseline, consider implementing one or more of the following five strategies.
- Optimize your contact center. Let’s face it: your customers demand near real-time communications to answer questions, resolve issues, and access resources. Meeting this requirement by using the media that is most comfortable for them reduces sales and service friction and improves customer loyalty and satisfaction scores. The goal is for customers who experience a prompt and satisfactory resolution to a service failure to come away from the experience with greater customer loyalty and increased likelihood to purchase from you in the future. Companies who can achieve this are at the top of the class in customer satisfaction and profitability.
- Implement omnichannel touchpoints. In most scenarios, voice is still the primary channel, but there are significant segments of customers who prefer to communicate via channels like chat, email, bots and SMS. Note that there is a lot of discussion around the subject of multi-channel. The problem with multi-channel is that friction is created when customers switch channels (e.g. from chat to voice). Omnichannel is a significant step forward because it allows you to service customers across all channels in a unified manner, while maintaining consistent service and reporting standards.
- Update your VUI design. Your voice user interface is hugely important because it is often the first or only contact customers have with you. Effective VUI design can help you improve user experience and increase conversion rates. Skillful VUI designers (like the Forty 7 Ronin team) have a thorough knowledge about the entire communication process and how to use the voice channel to quickly satisfy current and future customers.
- Tune your speech recognition system. Tuning is a cost-effective service for keeping your existing IVR system running smoothly and the goal is to improve your speech recognition accuracy, and thus, contact center metrics. This doesn’t necessarily mean a major undertaking. For example, we offer a faster tuning cycle that utilizes a smaller number of utterances in order to reduce out-of-grammar (OOG) utterances by expanding a grammar or altering a prompt to reduce or remove ambiguity.
- Upgrade your analytics and reporting. Genesys is a great platform but it can be even more powerful if you have the ability to use reporting to constantly improve. Whatever you choose to measure, the ultimate goal is probably to combine high customer satisfaction with low average costs per contact — which produces the greatest win/win scenario for your company and your customer. Examples include service level performance, call containment rate, call abandonment rate, transaction completion rate, average wait times and agent productivity metrics.
These are just a few of the ways you can boost the performance of your Genesys system. To learn more, watch our 20 minute webinar.